Baby Beluga Grows Up

A long, long time ago when I was in my 20s, I used to hang out at this bar in New Orleans called The Blue Crystal.  We met a lot of people and did a lot of stuff there, me and my friends.  Many of those friends are dead now, probably due to the stuff we were doing.  It took me about the next 20 years to figure out what the bar was actually named after -- my previous suppositions on what leads you to drink being the right things to whet your thirst for living were probably wrong.  We'll see if I'm on the right track now -- it's about all I have to go on.


I don't know about you guys, but I feel like I fell off the Fiscal Cliff way back when.  There's nothing wrong with the water, actually, except that it was a scary nosedive to take.  The depth and saturation you find in its liquidity makes you realize that there are a lot of other elements that you might miss.  That is, until you just don't miss them any more.

Until someone else shows up with something better, I guess I'll be playing this song while the ship goes down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                             Floating Floating on a few words from J. Krishnamurti
                      A Question of Heart





No comments:

Post a Comment